The theme for the month of February, is Thinking Simple. In an effort to keep things simple while still working towards my overall holistic goals for 2013, I set mini goals for the month. Did I reach my goals?
- Swim 8 miles. I didn’t make my 8 miles, I did not quite 5. So not a good month, and I’m not sure how to fix it; getting up in the mornings lately has been damn near impossible.
- Bike 250 miles. Distance as of February 28 – 384 miles DONE!! OK, so I hit this one. 🙂
- Run 60 miles. Not quite here, either. I ran 51.5. I did have a couple of really good long runs, though – which makes me feel a lot better.
- Go to yoga at least 2x (3 is better…), and get a massage this month. I got my massage. Yoga didn’t happen – I think I’m subconsciously sabotaging myself, because I have a 10 class pass at a studio I don’t like that much. Why? It was on sale. Stupid, stupid. So I need to use it up and go back to the studio I like better.
- Continue to work on my weight – I’d love to drop another 2 pounds this month. I haven’t figured out what’s going on here yet. Am I purposely eating more to ensure I’m getting enough calories? Yes, and I’m not 100% exhausted any more, but…. the pounds are creeping up. Grim.
- Continue to stay on top of my eating. I plan to continue eating vegetarian/mostly vegan, mostly gluten free, with few processed foods and minimal sugar. OK this goal was a fail – it wasn’t focused enough. I fell off the vegan plan last week and ate meat once – I can live with that. Now, I’m going to revamp my eating again to see if it helps with both the energy and the weight issues.
- Post 6-8 blog posts this month – 4 update posts, plus some 13 in 13 related posts. Score – I did post more than 6 posts.
- Bill $25,000+. This is not necessarily a controllable thing – as my boss says, you can only control what you can control. So to break it down, and increase my odds, the plan is to make 40-60 calls per day, schedule 8-10 interviews per week, and send out at least 100 MPC emails this month. These are numbers I can control. I didn’t quite hit $25,000, although I came very close. I also took control of some issues where I felt I was weak, asked for help, and am working hard to improve. As a result, I was actually offered another position (sort of a promotion, but in another division…). I turned it down because it’s not what I want to be doing – but it was flattering.
- I am not planning to invest any money in my personal RRSP this month – but I do plan on putting at least $3,000 in Bruce’s. Then I can focus on investing in mine in the coming months. Done and extra done. We invested $3,500 in Bruce’s, and $1,000 in mine. Score!
- Read 2 books in February. I actually read 8 in January, so I’m way ahead of the game right now, but I still want to read 2 in February. Hey, I did it! I read 3 books, and even started another one. Win!
So out of 10 mini goals, I’m struggling with a couple, I’m on track or close with most, and I’ve actually completed a few! Trying to keep my eye on the prize – We’ll see how the month ends.