Let me tell you about an amazing experience…
FOODIE PENPALS !!
Here’s a detailed explanation of the program:
(Thanks to The Lean Green Bean to letting us copy this text instead of all writing it over!)
-On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
-You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
-The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
-You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
-Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
-Foodie Penplas is open to US & Canadian residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa.
Want to give it a try? It’s easy!! Just click HERE
First up, I’m going to reveal what arrived in the mail for me this month from Sherry in Newfoundland – her box arrived just this week (mail in my area can take forever), and what a delight to open!
Included in my box were all kinds of yummy, healthy goodies, some were homemade, lots were local to NF, and one was a decadent piece of chocolate heaven!
My box included:
1. 4 granola/fruit bars – 3 Sunrype Fruit Source bars, which I’ve seen before but never had. I ate the Blueberry Pomegranate one the day I opened the box – YUM! The fourth bar was an organic Taste of Nature bar, which I buy all the time and love, but it was in a flavour I’ve never seen before – Nova Scotia Blueberry Fields. Can’t wait to try it!
2. Compliments Nut, Seed and Berry Trail Mix. I’ve never had this kind before, and it’s full of my favourites – pecans, pumpkin seeds, and dried cherries. Can’t wait!
3. 2 jars of jam and rice crackers – Sherry included a jar of local blueberry jam as well as a jar of homemade raspberry jam. I’m going to have jam on a toasted english muffin for breakfast tomorrow, and Bruce is definitely interested in the raspberry! The rice crackers will be the perfect compliment too – jam and crackers make a nice snack. 🙂
4. Assorted fun things! Aside from a box of Lindt hazelnut chocolates (which I love!), Sherry also included a local magazine about NF, a NF poem, which was fun to read because I used to work with several relocated Newfies, and the meanings of some of their sayings is too funny, 🙂 and this:
Is that little apron too cool or what? Adorable. 🙂
So thank you Sherry, I can’t tell you how much fun I had opening my box!
As well, I sent a package to Francoise who lives in Quebec, and she wrote a guest post for me to include in today’s reveal as she doesn’t have a blog of her own. Thank you, Francoise, and I’m so glad you enjoyed your box!First of all, I would like to thank Kristine for letting me do this guest post on her blog. I received my box of goodies on August 20th and was really looking forward to opening it !
Thank you Kristine for taking the time to pack everything so well. Everything was in tip top shape when it arrived.
Here’s a list of what I received as well as a few comments on each.
1. Manitoba Sour Cherry Jam. I am really going to enjoy this on toast. I just love cherries !
2. Garlic, Lemon Pepper Linguine. This pasta has a subtle but incredible taste ! Delicious !!! Nothing beats homemade pasta.
3. Dark hot chocolate. Recently, I had the chance to taste a single serving of this very same kind of hot chocolate…simply divine ! 🙂 What a treat to receive a can of it !
4. Peanut Butter Bars. I’ve had homemade bars before, but this one really beats them all! They’re made with wholesome ingredients that you can taste it in every bite. Kristine was kind enough to send along the recipe and I’ll be making these for sure! They will also be featured on my daughter’s cooking blog. 🙂
Many thank to you Kristine for making me discover some tasty products. You’ve made my fourth participation the best one yet!
So the Foodie PenPal program was a ton of fun – this was only my second month participating, but it was awesome.
Goals: Picnic with Bruce? You bet, plus we went to the movies last night too! Two blog posts? Almost. Got 1 completely done, the other one half done – we went to the movies instead. Post it note task? Didn’t happen. I need more hours in my day!
1. 4 blog posts
2. 1 task from wall
3. 9 mile run
4. Swim workout
There is more I’d like to get done, but we’ll start with this. Fingers crossed – I work all weekend!