Again hosted by the lovely Rebecca at Weight Wars, it’s time for some Fall fun and motivation! We have 10 weeks to set our goals, and work hard to achieve them! Last time, I did OK, but this time I want to really work to make it. It is Week 6, and time for an update on the week.
So, a bit about me – I’m Kris, a new triathlete and veteran of the weight loss world. I finally reached my goal weight in April of 2010, having lost a total of 107 pounds, and I’ve been able to keep it off (+/- 5 pounds) ever since. I blog here about running, triathlon, food, nutrition and weight loss, and anything else that strikes me! Welcome to my corner of the blog world. 🙂
Positive photo of the week – I mentioned last week I’m pathetic at this, right? So I finally took one of me, a not great quality photo on my iPhone! Plus it’s really just a picture of my reflection… and you can see part of my messy bedroom in the back! But I love how my hair turned out that day, and I’ve been growing it out since August 2010 – it’s really coming along!
On to this week’s questions!
1. What have you done this week to help you achieve your goals?
It was a good week – I worked on some of the goals, so I’m moving forward!
1) Training plan for Goofy – Finished the training program this week!
2) Join a triathlon club or hire a trainer – Looked at several more trainer/crossfit websites – too many to choose from, and they are all pricey! I have also reviewed the three local triathlon clubs to choose from; decisions, decisions! Two of them have workout locations closer to home; the third seems to be more the type of club I’d like to join (open to new people, not elite athletes, etc.)
3) Get in at least 5 workouts per week, of at least two different types – 4 runs, 2 bikes, 2 core and 2 weights – booyah!!
4) Invite 1 couple over for dinner – I have to email my schedule to my ex so we can talk about which weekends the boys will be at the different houses. Once I know which weekends are available, we will invite one of them over.
5) Calculate non-mortgage debt and payoff schedule: I’ve calculated the debt. I’ve also calculated what the payments would need to be to pay it off in 5 years. I’m now looking at which debt should be paid off first, and how long it will take. Still working on this, although we have paid off all of one small one, and the second one will be paid off next payday. Now we are working on one bigger one that is due by next June – I’m hoping to have it done by April.
6) Earn at least $200 in additional income: This is done, I worked the election. I have had no further luck finding anything else casual yet, but I’m going to try to sell a couple items on Kijiji (we don’t have an active Craigslist here) for another $100+.
7) Mini goals – still going well. Setting these mini goals really helps keep me on track. I am trying to apply the same strategy to my work life as well.
2. What have you done to make yourself feel fabulous?
I got almost all my workouts done! And on Sunday I went to yoga for the first time since June! (I count workouts Sunday through Saturday so that workout goes on THIS week’s count, lol!). I also sat down and charted out some career ideas, giving me some concrete action plans for moving forward.
3. Do you listen to music when you work out? What gets you fired up?
I listen to music if I’m running (too dangerous when I’m biking outside!). I watch TV if I’m working out inside. I find that hard rock from the 80s gets me moving – Motley Crue, AC/DC, the Cult, RATT, Skid Row, Megadeth…
4. What’s your guilty pleasure music? How does it make you feel?
Hmmm you know, I like most music, although current pop doesn’t do much for me. I guess if I were to have a “guilty pleasure” type of music, it would be stuff like Bad Girlfriend by Theory of a Deadman, and Porn Star Dancer by My Darkest Days – stuff with really raunchy “guy” oriented lyrics that make me laugh. (Suppressed desire to be a stripper, maybe?) 😉
5. If today were a song what song would it be?
If today were a song… this is a tough one, but perhaps Man in Motion by John Parr, from the St. Elmo’s Fire soundtrack? I’ve got a 7 mile run today, and a 14 mile one tomorrow, and I find this song very inspirational!
OK, a mini goals update and new goals for today:
Yesterday, for the first time, I actually did not accomplish 1 single goal. 🙁 I woke up feeling lousy, so I skipped my swim (I did do a core workout, at least). I located some casino management resources to read, but did not have time to read anything, and I did not even pick up a crochet hook. So a total fail.
Today is a new day! Goals for today:
1) Run 7 miles
2) Comment on 4-5 blogs
3) Get to my swimming lesson
4) Email schedule
I have a lot going on right now, but I’m trying to find balance. 🙂