Rebecca over at Weight Wars (who I find very inspirational, BTW – I have no idea how she manages to organize these fabulous challenges and projects!) has launched a year long project called Happiness Online, based on Gretchen Ruben’s book The Happiness Project: Or, Why I Spent a Year Trying to Sing in the Morning, Clean My Closets, Fight Right, Read Aristotle, and Generally Have More Fun. (In the interest of full disclosure, this is an Amazon affiliate link).
The whole purpose of this project is to focus on improving our own happiness with our lives. I read the book, and although I found some of the ideas a little too zen for me, the fact is, I have found that my own happiness directly relates to staying on track with my weight loss/maintenance, my fitness… everything! Every month we will set resolutions around a theme (hey, monthly goals – no wonder I want to do this!) and work towards those goals.
It is time for our February wrap up, where we look at how we did at improving our relationships through Love.
February Resolutions – Love
I set five resolutions for February. How did I do?
1. Focus More. I’m working to pay attention to people when they are talking to me, to make more time. I did OK on this one.
2. Practise Appreciation. Did not do well here – but I really found that had more to do with the way Bruce & I communicate than any lack of appreciation on my part.
3. Let it Go. Don’t sweat the small stuff. I did OK here, not great, but not bad.
4. Meditate. This one was a bust. I think I tried like 3 times.
5. Reduce Negativity. I did OK here; I did not find a lot of self criticism happening here.
February was a bust – but I honestly think this may have had to do with the fact I wasn’t totally committed to this month. I feel my relationships are in good shape; why fix what isn’t broken?
An update on my January resolutions – I am still doing better at getting more sleep, which is great. I’m getting all my exercise in. I had a pretty good month on the eating front too. I had lunch with one friend, and we spent a few nights unplugged. So my January goals are still going strong!
Daily goals: Not bad. Got my ride done. Worked on four blog posts. Got to the school play. Think I have my replacement run figured out. Yep, a good day.
Goals for today:
1. 1 workout
2. 1 week of menu plans
3. 1 evaluation for work