I am participating in the “Spring Chick Challenge”, hosted by Stormy, and it’s time for a Week 4 update goal setting for Week 5.
1. NSV – running faster – I started entering my training plan into Google calendar, including all the speed workouts I need to do to get this done. Go me!
2. Nutrition – another tough week. Too much crap! Sugar, fried chicken, french fries… just too much crap all over. Need to get this under control!
3. Exercise – doing well – I’ve been running, swimming, and doing weights, although I did not bike last week, but I did Sunday morning.
4. Blogging – At this point in the week, I’m actually ahead of the game! Go me!
5. Visiting other blogs and sharing some love – working on it! I haven’t visited as many new ones as I’d like, but I’ve been doing good at keeping up with my regular ones.
As for my weight, I’m back up a bit this week (hello, point #2 and my food issues!), but I *will* get it down!
OK the mini goal for week 4 was to try a new exercise – I did not do this. But at swimming lessons last Tuesday we did a scissor kick drill that was new (and fun! Like running in the water!), AND I learned to do flip turns, which I practised again when doing laps on Friday. So I did do something new. Highlight of my week was learning those turns – I’ve been trying for over a year. As well, taking Tuesday off and reading the complete Hunger Games series was awesome – I rarely indulge myself like that!
Week Five’s mini challenge is to go caffeine free. Since I plan on cutting all sugar and processed foods this week, giving up caffeine too will be hard, but I will try. I already drink decaf tea and caffeine free diet soda, all I need to work on is my Crystal Light. I believe the kind I drink has caffeine, so I will work on cutting back on it.
Daily goals: Yesterday was OK – I got 3.5 out of 5. I only wrote 1 blog post, and did not get an evaluation done. Today is jam packed with stuff, including a 10 hour work day – I hope I can get a few things done!
1. 1 workout
2. 1 blog post
3. Create a list at work of all the little things that eat my time, and work on delegating.
4. Read 2 chapters.