I am participating in the “Spring Chick Challenge”, hosted by Stormy, and it’s time for a Week 5 update goal setting for Week 6.
1. NSV – running faster – I tried running sprints last week and it was bad. Yesterday’s long run was a little better, so I hope to see an improvement soon.
2. Nutrition – Totally on track this week! Last Monday I took the leap and went Paleo, and other than struggling to figure out what I could eat, and how I can get a few carbs for running, it was good. First three days were hard due to nasty sugar cravings, but I’m on day 9 now, and I’m managing pretty well. And I lost some weight!
3. Exercise – not bad at all. No weights this week, but I did get 1 run, 2 bikes, and 3 swims.
4. Blogging – I did well here – I even launched my other blog (FINALLY!!)
5. Visiting other blogs and sharing some love – I did OK – visited a few new ones, and lots of ones I read regularly.
As for my weight, I lost almost 3 pounds this week!!! Yay Paleo!!
OK the mini goal for week 5 was to give up caffeine, and I’m happy to report, I actually did pretty good. I switched from Crystal Light iced tea to raspberry peach most of the time, which was my major source of caffeine. So while I did have a little, I avoided most of it.
My best moment for Week 5 was definitely my weigh in – I’m lower now than since well before Christmas! Not so great moment was my attempt to run sprints, it was a horrid run. I’m on track with everything except speeding up my runs, and I’m working on that. I do think switching to Paleo has had an effect, I’ve read that it will take another 2-3 weeks for my body to adapt to the reduced carbs and get my endurance back.
The Week Six mini challenge is all water all week. I’m not sure if this means to make sure I get my daily water in, or if it means giving up all other beverages. I don’t care for plain water except when I’m working out, but I always drink at least 64 ounces of either Crystal Light or decaffeinated tea. So I will commit to drinking at least those 64 ounces!
Goals for Week Six include continuing with Paleo, and getting my workouts in.
Daily goals: Yesterday was was good – I actually got everything done. Today I have several things to take care of:
1. 1 workout
2. 3 blog posts
3. Review and requote project for potential new client.
4. Read 2 chapters & clear Google reader
5. Make a decision on hotel plan for Vegas trip