I am participating in the “Spring Chick Challenge”, hosted by Stormy, and it’s time for a Week 7 update and goal setting for Week 8.
1. NSV – running faster – finally making progress here! I’m still not doing great running sprints, but I’m steadily increasing the speed and distance on my tempo runs, and have been able to sustain multiple intervals at 7 mph – so I may actually get that 5 miles in 45 minutes by the end of the challenge yet!
2. Nutrition – Another good week, although I am starting to ease a few grain products back into my diet (both because I miss them, and for budget reasons!). My weight is coming down, and I still feel awesome though, so I’m still keeping the grains to a minimal level.
3. Exercise – great week. I did skip one swim workout, but I got all the rest of them done, and I think I’ll be able to make up the swim this week.
4. Blogging – I’m managing to stay on top of two blogs now – 11 posts a week is a lot!
5. Visiting other blogs and sharing some love – I’m doing what I can, I’ve found some great new blogs, I’m still not commenting as much as I would like but I try. 🙂
As for my weight, I lost this week!!! I’m down another 1.8 pounds, for a grand total of 4.5 pounds since the start of the challenge (I think – I know it is at least that much). So I’m super happy!
OK the mini goal for week 7 was to use smaller plates and utensils. I did not use smaller utensils, I simply forgot about that. I did use smaller bowls and plates for several meals. Smaller bowls were especially noticeable when having breakfast – my small amount of trail mix with milk looked like so much more in a smaller bowl!
As for the weekly goals, I stuck with Paleo for the most part and got all but one of my workouts done. Refusing to make excuses was still key this week. Telling the voices to shut up helped too. 😉
Goals for week 8: to keep up with my Half Ironman training. To continue to avoid processed sugars as much as possible. To just stay on track.
The Week 8 mini goal is to be a buddy – offering support to someone in our life who may need to make some changes in their lifestyle. If going to bow out of this one. For years I hated to be pushed, encouraged, criticized… whatever. I knew I needed to change, I just wasn’t ready. I talk about my weight loss and fitness all the time, and when people ask for assistance or advice, I give it willingly. But I’m not about to pretend I have all the answers (if I did, I’d not have gained the weight in the first place, right?).
Daily goals: I’m on a roll! I got the whole list from my weekend done, AND I got all of yesterday’s done too. Yay me! The bad news is, even though my Google reader was at 0 on Saturday night, by Monday evening it was back up to 75!! More reading to do there. 😛
1. Run workout
2. Swimming lesson and workout
3. 1 bog post