I am participating in the “Spring Chick Challenge”, hosted by Stormy, and it’s time for a Week 8 update and goal setting for Week 9. I can’t believe we are so close to the end already!
1. NSV – running faster – This week wasn’t as good; after I fell I didn’t run much. I’m still hoping to get my speed up enough to make it though.
2. Nutrition – I fell off on Saturday, having both chocolate and ice cream. Then again, I also had a fight with my scale on Saturday and figured what difference did it make? But I’m back on track now. 🙂
3. Exercise – good week. I had two really long swim workouts, a really good bike on Thursday, and only skipped one short run.
4. Blogging – still staying on top of both blogs, although some days are easier than others. Inspiration can be found in the strangest places…
5. Visiting other blogs and sharing some love – I’m doing what I can, I’ve found some great new blogs, I’m still not commenting as much as I would like but I try. 🙂 – This statement from last week is still true!
As for my weight, I quit. I have realized that I am far to hung up on the number on the scale. I am not going to weigh myself until the end of March. I will continue tracking my food, and getting my workouts in, but so long as my work pants fit, I just don’t care about the number.
OK the mini goal for week 8 was to be a buddy – I intentionally chose not to do this, but then wound up having the opportunity anyway. I was at work one night and a woman I worked with said she just couldn’t picture me weighing over 200 pounds – so I showed her the pictures, and we talked about how I lost it.
As for the weekly goals, I did my training, but I did cave and eat too much sugar. So we’ll try again this week.
Goals for week 9: to stay off the scale. After weighing myself daily for years, this may be my biggest challenge. To track every bite, to make sure that even without the scale, I’m doing OK.
The Week 9 mini goal is to up my exercise minutes. I have no choice on that one this week, Half Ironman Week 5 training is much more intense, so as long as I stay on track, I’ll be fine. I need to add more strength training to all my cardio though.
Food goals – I do meal plan, and need to keep doing this. I need to make sure I’m getting enough fruits & veggies. Adding back carbs and dairy means that I have reduced my fruits & veggies, and that is no good. I feel better when I eat more fresh food. As for fun – Bruce & I had theatre tickets for Sunday, and the performance was wonderful!
Daily goals: Some good news, some not so good. Brick workout? Yes, and longer than originally planned. Weights? No – I’m too sore from my brick! Muffins – check. 5 blog posts? Well… I actually did write 4 complete ones, and worked on two others – I guess that counts. I just feel so behind!
1. Run workout
2. Swimming lesson and workout
3. 1 blog post